Arna Baartz ~ Artist's CURRICULUM VITAE
Date of Birth- 13-8-1971
- Winner of
- Paris Master class and Art Residency ~ Karen Papacek
- Cover Artist and article for 'Healing Magazine'
- Wrote, illustrated and published 'The Creative Warrior'
- Illustrator 'My Name Is Innana' children's book by Tamara Albanna
- Selected for the 'Border Art Prize' Tweed River Regional Gallery
- Illustrator ' My Name is Medusa' children's book by Glenys Livingstone
- Contributer to 'She Rises Volume Two' Anthology
- Art and article in 'Wellbeing Magazine'
- Art Journal - Study of Vanuatu
- Solo Exhibition SSAG - Earth Angels
- Cover art for 'The Heroine's Club' by Melia Keeton Digby
- Co-author and illustrator; 'New Love ~ A Reprogramming Toolbox for Undoing The Knots'
- Designer Label Underway - Art of Kundalini Original Silk Scarves
- Finalist portrait 'Meditating Master' acquired by Dick Lester, founder of The Black Swan prize
- Selected Finalist in The Black Swan Prize for Portraiture
- Undertaking fine art diploma at TAFE
- Commissioned Drawing for Children's Surf Education by Surf Lifesavers NSW
- Selected for inclusion in ArtMe's Amazing Australian Artists Coffee Table Book
- Article In 'Mamamia' for the Voulez Vous Project by Caitlin Stower
- Large work 'Direction' acquired and offered residency in France by patrons as private studio artist (2 weeks in Sept 2014)
- Commissioned to create the cover art for 'Journey of the Heart' Anthology
- Selected for the Border Art Prize ~ sold work
- Poem 'Winged Secret' selected to be included in the 'Journey of the Heart' book
- Finalist in the 'Fill In The Blanks Tshirt design Competition
- Art featured on Love Creation Cards at www.livealifeyoulove.com
- Article on Visual Healing published in The Art Of Healing Magazine
- Created and produced the product, Art Of Kundalini Inspirational Card Set
- My Art to feature on the cover of Sybella Poetry Magazine
- Major Prize Winner in Sybella Poetry Competition
- Interviewed on The Best People We Know, radio station
- Bullying article published in Nurture Parenting Magazine
- My art used with permission to decorate many blogs and ebooks
- My art used with my permission for Large business banner for Kundalini Dance in Brisbane
- Many commissions throughout 2013
- Facebook page Arna Baartz Artist growing rapidly
- Commission for 8 CD Covers
- Online exhibition 'The Art of Kundalini' ongoing with many subsequent sales
- Online exhibition 'The Colour of Woman' released on Sunday the 14th of July
- Created the site 'Silver Poetry' and first poetry e-book
- Running a growing Life drawing Class
- Invited to speak to Banana Queen NRNSW entrants about self-esteem
- Asked to paint two paintings for the Banana Festival in Murwillumbah
- Invited to perform 'Live, Life Drawing Sketch' at The Uki Cabaret 360
- Teaching Big Spirit from The I AM Program at Stokers Siding Public School
- Radio Interview with ABC on the subject of Emotional Intelligence, Arts Connected Education and The I AM Program
- Radio interview with Bay FM, Byron Bay about The I AM Program
- Created the I AM For Kids page on Facebook, steadily growing with enthusiasm!
- Teaching The I AM Program to classes 4/5/6 at Stoker Siding Public School
- Commissioned to paint three 4 metre by two metre works for international collector.
- Created www.arnabaartz.com to showcase portfolio to broader audience.Printed and Published 'I AM Inspiration!'
- Continuing to sell work frequently to private collectors and galleries
- Completed The I AM Program and book www.theiamprogram.com
- Selected for The Art Felt Exhibition in Ballina and included in their subsequent publication
- December, sold 3 metre diptych to international collector
- Sold three of the four works exhibited in Byron Bay Arts Diary exhibition
- Selected as a cover artist for the Byron Bay Arts diary 2010
- Invited to run the ‘I AM Program' workshops for kids at Kafe Fiesta Kingscliff
- Ran ‘I AM Program', workshop for the Terranora Child Care Centre
- Continue to develop self empowerment, art workshops for children and adults
- Collaborative Exhibition with Michele Thomas ‘What Goes Up Must Come Down; Life in the Context of Circus’ CPM
- Created website www.theiamprogram.com to support the ‘I AM’ self empowerment and
- Consistently selling works privately and through various outlets
- Continuing as an artist’s model
- Continuing to supply Kinda Dance with art and poetry
- Overall Winner, Kempsey Shire Art Prize, painting 'Growing up’ accquired by Kempsey Shire Council.
- Sold entry in the Border Art Prize at the Tweed River Regional Art Gallery
- Featured in the International Women's Day catalogue
- Life drawing model for Graham Fransella
- Attended Fransella Workshop at Community Printmakers Murwillumbah
- A featured artist in Celebrating Women exhibition at the ‘Sheoak Shack’ Fingal
- Work auctioned at International Women's Day convention
- Modeling for Life drawing classes
- Attended Master class with artist Mike Parr.
- Solo exhibition at the CPM workshop/gallery entitled ‘Grace Becomes Us’
- Wrote a series of children’s stories called ‘I AM’ then developed and ran self-acceptance workshops for kids based on those stories.
- Ran workshops 'Drawing it Out’ and ‘I AM’ privately and through ‘Precious Earth’ studio in Uki.
- Exhibited and sold works through Precious Earth studio.
- Work auctioned off at the International Women's day Convention
- Began working for Kinda Dance situated in Brisbane, designing homework and class illustrations and writing health
- Received people's choice award and second prize in the Bundjalong Indigenous Collaberative awards for artwork,
- Painted, drew, printed and sculpted. Took lessons and experimented. Sold occasionally and learned to give in to my work.
- Was used as a paintbrush by Australian artist John Olsen at a workshop in Brisbane my parents attended (was that my fifteen minutes of fame?!)
- My entire childhood was an education in art.
- My father is a tertiary art teacher and an artist. My mother an author.